From OK to Optimal in 6 Weeks
Before many of our clients became clients, they were doing an OK job at managing their personal finances. They reviewed their investment statements regularly and had a personal spending and investing plan in place. It’s not a bad scenario if OK is your desired outcome when it comes to managing your money.
Yet, there is another approach to take in managing your money, one that seeks to optimize your overall financial performance. With a focus on understanding and assessing how your money, your core values and your life interact, we step back from the micro picture and look at the macro picture from a strategic and tactical point of view.
By simulating “what-if” scenarios and comparing those strategies to your current plan, we begin the process of optimizing all pieces of your financial life; how much you save, spend, earn and invest. Within approximately 6 weeks, upon completion of your financial plan, you go from OK to Optimal.
Preparing a Comprehensive Financial Plan
Financial planning is a life-long process that assists you and your family in taking control of your financial future. By setting financial goals, developing strategies, and monitoring the progress on a regular basis, the likelihood of achieving your results is greatly increased. The steps in preparing a professional financial plan include the following:
- Identify and prioritize financial objectives such as retirement, children's education, risk management, etc.
- Gather data and analyze your current financial affairs.
- Prepare, analyze and compare financial alternatives.
- Develop a plan including personal, recommended strategies to achieve your goals.
- Identify action steps necessary to implement the plan.
- Establish specific dates to monitor, review, and update your plan. Setting goals and analyzing your current financial position helps set the course on your financial journey.
Success can be measured in many ways. For us, success means you are reaching your goals, your money is aligned with your values and you have peace of mind through volatile markets. Success also means that you know that we are looking out for your financial interests and most importantly, that you have a relationship with a financial planner built on trust and not investment returns.
And what do you think all successful people have in common?
They have a plan.